Are you getting sick of dieting and wanting to cheat on your diet? Here are 10 healthy little snacks under 100 calories designed to kill those food cravings, satiate a sweet tooth, calm hunger pangs. Let's face it, there are some times when you simply can't bear the discipline of dieting. Give into the urge, but don't blow your diet with these quick and easy snacks.
1. 2 Sugar-free Jello servings - Use different flavors. Remove from container, cut into chunks and combine. Top with 1 dollop of fat free whip cream if desired.
2. Frozen light, fat-free or low-fat yogurt- Use the kind that is sweetened with Splenda to cut down on calories and carbs. Freeze for about 1 hour. It's like ice cream!
3. 1 small apple - Cut up into chunks and serve on a small plate so you feel it's a bigger snack than it is in reality.
4. Small egg white omelet - Scramble 5 eggwhites and cook in a non-stick skillet. Top with 1Tbsp of salsa.
5. 1 Rice Cake- Top with 1 teaspoon sugar-free preserves.
6. 1/2 cup cottage cheese - Stir in 1 tsp sugar-free preserves or 1 packet of sweetener and a dash of vanilla.
7. Celery & Peanut Butter - Cut up 2-3 stalks of celery. Smear or dab lightly in with 1 tablespoon (or less) natural peanut butter.
8. Leafy Green Salad - Tear up fresh, leafy greens and drizzle with a small amount of balsamic vinaigrette. You generally won't need a lot of this type of dressing for flavor. Don't go crazy with toppings. Just eat greens (you're "cheating" on your diet, remember?).
9. 1/2 Cottage Cheese & Chocolate Protein - Stir 1 tablespoon chocolate protein into 1./2 cup cottage cheese. This sounds odd but it tastes great!
10. 1/2 can Solid White Albacore Tuna - Mix in 1 tsp non-fat mayo and 1diced pickle slice, or mustard or balsamic vinegar. More canned tune recipes